Hours: 20 hours per week
Open To: Internal and external applicants
Galen is a privately owned pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Craigavon, Northern Ireland. Established in 1968, we work in partnership with healthcare professionals and patients to create real, long-term value, a major factor in the company’s success to date.
Galen is a proud member of the Almac Group of world-class companies in the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors. The Group is wholly owned by the McClay Foundation, whose overarching aim is to make a meaningful improvement and advancement in human health.
We are a global company selling medicines worldwide in the areas of pain management, dermatology and gastroenterology, and partners with like-minded companies. We actively seek new markets and new opportunities, toward fulfilling our vision of creating a truly international pharmaceutical company from our base in Northern Ireland.
Our expertise lies in:
- Sales, marketing and launch excellence
- Market access
- Regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs
- Supply chain and logistics.
Through organic growth and acquisitions, Galen has established product sales in 25 locations and marketed pharmaceuticals across the UK, Europe, the USA and the Nordics.
Working as part of the Business Development team in Galen, the BD Administrator will provide adminisitrative support to the team. This will include activities such as diary management, assisting with travel arrangements, meeting prep, minute taking and assisting with events.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team, providing a valuable support service whilst gaining exposure to BD activities at Galen. You will also benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
*Please note this position is based on 20 hours per week, anticipated hours are Monday to Friday 09.30am to 01.30pm.
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grades A*-C including English Language and Maths
- Previous relevant experience of working in a similar role involving diary management
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Third level qualification
- Experience of organising events
- Experience of arranging meetings to include minute taking and circulation of actions.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Annual bonus
- Employee recognition programme
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Westfield healthcare benefit
- Paid medical appointments
- Bereavement Leave
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Wednesday 16th June 2021 at 1700 hours