INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When you visit or register on galen.co.uk you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name and contact. We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from e-mails or letters you send to us.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our site and to supply the goods or services you have requested. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the site or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you and we may contact you by post, telephone or fax, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the US and may be accessed by or given to our staff working outside the UK and third parties including companies within Almac Group Limited some of whom are located in the US who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Where you have consented when providing us with your details, we may also allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you including. They may contact you by post, telephone or fax, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know. Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners. Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Galen Limited may from time to time collect information from you by using “cookies”. At Galen Limited we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy and as such we want to ensure that you are always aware of how we are using cookies on our website and how this may affect you.
You can navigate yourself around our website without giving us any personal information. However the policy sets out a brief explanation explaining our practices for the occasions where cookies are used.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone or tablet by the website. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- Measuring how many people are using the different areas of the website so that popular sections can be improved.
- Analysing anonymous data to help us understand how visitors interact with the website so we can improve the services offered.
- Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task.
- Cookies may be used on our customer facing applications, and although we are not actively storing any information pertaining to the user in a form of a cookie, some of the application servers which Galen Limited uses may write temporary files to enable them to perform as part of their normal usage.
- The data is not recorded by Galen Limited.
- Cookies do not usually contain personally identifiable information, and if at times Galen Limited requires you to register your information, the cookie which is associated with your registration information is used in a limited manner to allow Galen Limited to offer increased functionality of our website. We do not share any of our data with any third parties. The personal or system information is not stored in the cookie.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £40 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please contact us if you have any comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information.